Estate Planning Checklist
- Identify your wishes for your loved ones after your death (your estate plan). See the section Critical Decisions and fill out the "Estate Wishes" worksheet. Consider if you want to make any lifetime gifts as well.
- Pinpoint which legal documents you will need to effectively put your plan into action. See the section Important Legal Documents to learn more.
- Review assets that pass outside your will to see if they contradict your estate plan. If so, consider changing beneficiary designations or re-titling assets. See the section Important Legal Documents to understand which assets your will does not control.
- Determine if you have enough assets to provide for your family after you die. If not, consider buying additional life insurance. If you need additional insurance, consider having a trust directly purchase the insurance for you to avoid estate taxation on the proceeds.
- Make an appointment with a lawyer and get documents prepared. Review each document carefully; once you feel comfortable that you understand what they say, sign the documents.
- Prepare your Letter of Instruction as soon as possible. See the section Important Legal Documents.
Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. Member FINRA
. Fairfield County Financial Services is a trade name of Fairfield County Bank. Infinex and the Bank are not affiliated. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.